This farmers’ market fresh corn salad is a real crowd pleaser. Serve it when corn and tomatoes are at their peak, or sub out for other in-season ingredients.
- 4 tomatillos, husked and thrown on a hot grill until charred; chopped when cool
- 4 cobs of corn, shucked, rubbed with a little olive oil, then grilled until a bit of color; cut from the cob
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons peppadew peppers, or other brined spicy peppers, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, charred over a hot grill, then sweat and peeled; discard seeds and chop
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry heirloom tomatoes or chopped larger tomatoes
- 4 pieces crispy bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups arugula, whole leaves if small, otherwise coarsely torn
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Prepare all ingredients per details above.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, adding the bacon, arugula and basil when you are ready to serve. Gently stir to toss, keeping the corn chunks intact.
Check seasonings, adding salt and pepper, if needed.
Leftovers are fantastic in a quesadilla or omelette.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn salad