All you need to know about Tomahawk Steaks and how to cook them, plus a zesty spice rub good for so much more. This chunky rub has the added benefit of providing pops of flavor, and its black lava salt helps keep jinxes at bay.
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons Tellicherry peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grey salt
- 1 Tablespoon black lava salt
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Place the coriander seeds in a mini chopper or spice grinder and pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Repeat with the Tellicherry peppercorns.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine.
Store in an airtight container.
1/2 cup makes enough for 4 Tomahawk Steaks or 12 single portion steaks.
Also good on other cuts of beef, lamb, poultry and more.
See post for details on how to cook Tomahawk Steaks!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Spice Blend
- Method: Dump & Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spice rub, Tomahawk Steaks